Established in 1922, Plant Marvel Laboratories pioneered and popularized the use of water soluble fertilizers. We introduced our original 12-31-14 General Purpose Hi Phosphate formulation over 90 years ago helping to fuel the growth of soilless growing and hydroponics. Some years later we found a way to incorporate soluble forms of minor and trace elements into our expanding line of soluble N-P-K fertilizers. This became the first commercial fertilizer to deliver a total nutrient feed to crops without fear of burning and with unparalleled ease of application. It provided almost instant response because all nutrients were in a form the plants could utilize immediately. We called it Nutriculture.
Over the years, we helped pioneer the concept of foliar feeding and widespread use of water solubles in the commercial market. But our most important innovation has been the incorporation of all necessary trace elements into every N-P-K formula we manufacture. Today this practice is becoming standard with all fertilizer manufacturers.
We are proud of Plant Marvel's leadership in the horticultural
industry. Our list of Firsts includes:
- First to produce a high-concentrate, economical water-soluble fertilizer.
- First to incorporate minor and trace minerals in significant quantities and in a soluble form that was readily available to plants.
- First to market a starter solution for faster development of new crops.
- First to promote various formulas specifically designed for the changing needs of crops at different stages of growth.
- First to develop fertilizers specifically to offset the effect of crops suffering from toxicity caused by excess mineral content in the water or soil.
- First to promote ratios to accomplish specific growth characteristics.
- First to develop the Cal-Mag soluble fertilizers that contain NPK plus significant levels of Calcium, Magnesium and minor elements all in one blend. (See our Cal-Mag fertilizers.)
Throughout the years Plant Marvel Laboratories has grown with the industry it services. We began by selling our fertilizers to florists and growers. Today the number of fertilizer formulas we stock is over fifty, and we have developed another 200 or more special non-stock formulas. Each of these was designed to promote or overcome a specific growth characteristic.
We are committed to ongoing research in the agriculture and horticulture fields. As new research indicates a need for new formulations, we develop new products and new formulas to help fill those needs. Some of the product brands developed are:
- Nutriculture® soluble fertilizers.
- Nutriculture® Plus soluble fertilizers with increased levels of trace elements.
- Mor-Green® iron chelate compound.
- Mag-Iron® chelated iron and magnesium compound
- Sol-Trace® soluble trace element mix.
- Chemec® B chelated minor element complex.